Saturday, April 01, 2017

Two Things

Two things
First this piece is astonishing. (thanks to Instapundit www.instapundit.com)
In this I see:

Under Barack Obama, she was allowed to continue to view highly sensitive intel documents for years - well past her announced run for the presidency in April 2015, according to Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. Why? Toward what possible end?

In my return post I  talked briefly about my layoff from a Defense Department Contractor. Once notified I was followed from the moment of my notification to the moment I was walked to my vehicle by my supervisor. This was standard practice. Why? Because the moment  I was not working on that project  I no longer had need to know even though (conceptually) my clearance was active until I closed out my employment. Before leaving I signed a document that said (roughly from memory 6 years ago)

  • I had kept NO materials that were classified
  • All materials I had that were classified were returned to proper authorities
  • I would NEVER disclose anything I had learned in my tenure with clearance

This was backed with US Code citations and the threat of prosecution for perjury.

From the moment  H.R. Clinton stopped being Secretary of State her need to know was gone and she should have had no access to anything classified at any level. Anything else is an insult to the rest of us that have had clearances and strived to follow the convoluted and stringent rules attached to possessing a clearance.  And she most certainly had no need for  "Highly Sensitive Intel Documents" which seems to imply Top Secret Compartmented or Top Secret Special Access Program materials to write a  personal hagiography. Apparently rules are for little people (and contractors) not for heads of executive departments or  Heirs Presumptive to the Presidency. President Trump may be a feckless boob but at least he's not a traitorous, incompetent, entitled feckless boob.

The second is this nonsense (Thanks again to www.instapundit.com) Letting engineers think about their  effect on society is a fine idea. Some schools, for example WPI ,have it built  in as part of the graduation requirements . But this is at Perdue is just idiocy
Breaking the Western hegemony. In order to decenter the male hegemony of the Western civilization, Riley discussed examples of thermodynamic inventions done by non-Western and non-male inventors. Also, some of the assignments required students to make interracial and intercultural connections in thermodynamics.
What the Sam Hill does this matter at all? Who cares who discovered thermodynamics? Its an absolute truth ( basic thermodynamics 1) You can't win, 2 You can't break even 3 ) You can't quit the game) and would be/is the same no matter the race, species or sexual identification of the discoverer(s). This "I can't relate to it because its not my ethnicity(etc)"  nonsense is something I'd expect of a 4 year old NOT an educated engineer. I want my engineers focused on making their results work and be safe. All else is irrelevant.  President Leshin should you ever let this infest my Alma Mater I hope you are ridden out of WPI on a rail.

Tregonsee (L2) signing out for now

No comments: